- If both the evaluators reject the Thesis/Dissertation, student is supposed to revise the research plan and rewrite the Thesis/Dissertation.
- If one evaluator rejects the Thesis/Dissertation, and another suggests for the minor changes, or no changes, in that case a 3rd opinion is required. If the 3rd opinion has a minor/major changes, student is supposed to incorporate the changes before the Defense.
- If one evaluator suggests major changes and other accepted or asked for minor changes or no changes, in that case, changes suggested are supposed to be incorporated before the Defense.
- If both the reviewers accept with no changes or suggested minor changes, and Defense Examiner rejects the Thesis, in that case a 3rd opinions is required.
- If both the evaluators accepted or suggested with minor changes and Defense examiners suggested major changes then in that case only suggested changes are supposed to be incorporated.
Matrix About the Thesis/Dissertation Evaluation Review and Defense status
|Thesis/Dissertation Situation Scenario’s||Evaluator-I||Evaluator-II||Defense Examiner||Status|
|1.||Reject||Reject||–||Revise the research plan & Rewrite the thesis|
|2.||Reject||Minor changes/No changes||–||3rd evaluator opinion is required If positive or minor changes then to arrange Defense|
|3.||Major changes||Accept/Minor changes||–||Suggested changes are supposed to be incorporated before the Defense.|
|4.||Accept/Minor Changes||Accept/Minor Changes||Rejects||3rd opinion is required as Defense Examiner only.|
|5.||Major changes||Accept/Minor Changes||Major changes||Changes suggested are supposed to be incorporated|
- The details and classification of all the above scenarios are given in the matrix form in the separate table for understanding, attached herewith.
- All the relevant HoD’s and Deans are advised to make sure that all of these policies are followed.
- All the changes suggested either minor or major are supposed to be incorporated fully by the students and certified by the supervisors, relevant Hod’s and Dean.
- All the thesis/Dissertations are first supposed to be revised first and then to arrange the defense.
- Minimum time required to incorporate the minor changes for MS/MPhil Thesis is 04 weeks and 06 weeks for PhD dissertation.
- Minimum time required to incorporate the major changes for MS/MPhil Thesis is 08 weeks and for PhD dissertation is 12 weeks.
- In case of research proposal, minimum 02 weeks are required for minor changes and 04 weeks for major changes. In case the research proposal is rejected by the majority reviewer, in that case everything need to be revised and to submit in not less than 08 weeks. (This is already in practice)